Friday 19 December 2008

reddish, non-tender lesion on foot

                               I am not sure what this redness is due to but as it does not hurt and there is no pain, I am not too concerned. If it starts to hurt or she seems unwell generally, you best have your local doctor look at it.
By far the majority of foot problems at this age are due to ill- fitting footwear. I wonder if her foot is sliding back and forth within the shoe giving the reddish appearance but that is only a guess.
David

>
> I have twin daughters and recently in the last week I've noticed one
> of the girls (23 months old) has been presenting with a reddish,
> irregular shaped, bruiselike, non-raised lesion on the bottom of the
> inside of her heel/back of arch....is it possible she is stepping on
> toys wrong lately?I've also notice she likes to stomp her feet on
> the floor, but never seems like it is painful. I can rub the area
> without any discomfort to her, but I've noticed she's been studying
> this area of her feet as well. The other twin has nothing on the
> bottom of her feet. Their feet measure the same size and are both
> wearing the same design of sketcher size 6 1/2 shoes when we go out
> for 2-3 hours a day. Otherwise the girls run around with just socks
> or no socks inside the house.
>
> I am alittle unnerved by the red bruise, but was wondering if this
> is
> normal?
>
> concerned mom,
>

No comments: