Tuesday 17 June 2008

persistent diarrhoea and abdo pain

Thank you for writing back so quickly, my daughter has had a stool sample taken last week that came back clear. She also has been on a dairy free diet since January. The doctor said to put her on a wheat free diet to see if we can get an improvement but she is still in a lot of pain at the moment. I will let you know the outcome once she has been on it for a couple of weeks. Thank you for your time and advice.
Kerry

A routine stool sample will not detect Yersinia and may not detect Giardia. Your doctor has to specifically ask the laboratory to look for Yersinia. Giardia is so often missed that I would treat her for Giardia anyhow.
I am sorry you are having so much trouble. If the above does not detect the reason or cause improvement, she should have a urine collected and analysed for infection.
Please do let me know what happens.
David Robinson

No comments: